Day 1: Nouakchott
- Arrive in the International airport of Nouakchott
- Meet driver and guide.
- Assistance at the Airport
- Transfer to the Hotel
Day2: Banc d’Arguin National park
- Leave Nouakchott pass by Nouamghar and the new town of Chami.
- Reach the World heritage site Banc d’Arguin.
- Swim at the beach of Arkeiss and/or walk on the cliff.
- Night in the camp tents with the sound of waves.
Day3: The National park
- Wake up early in the morning for sailing.
- Meet the boatman in Iwik, 30 km of Arkeiss.
- Go sailing, spend almost five hours in the sea.
- Visit small islands; watch hundreds of birds changing location.
- If lucky, we see dolphins and gazelles.
- Go back to shore.
- Go back to Iwik, relaxing night in local tents.
- Get up early and drive towards capital city of Mauritania.
- Reach Nouadhibou, and unload luggage at the hotel.
- Go visit Cap Blanc, the wreck of ships and the harbor.
- If we have time, we visit the market to see peoples’ needs and lifestyle.
- We go back to Hotel and relax.
Da5: Ben Amera
- We leave as early as possible for the long off road driving.
- We experience a lot of bumps, we might get stuck sometimes but it’s typical.
- We might occasionally see the longest train in Mauritania moving.
- We reach the impressive monolith Ben Amera and camp.
- No light to disturb the stars, you’re promised one of the best quite nights ever.
- As we leave Ben Amera, we visit his ex, Aicha, another monolith.
- We discover some fine prehistoric paintings.
- We drive towards the oasis of Terjit, and pass by Choum: a railway town.
- We go through Atar, the capital of Adrar region.
- We have lunch in Teyarett, a place full of trees.
- We make it to Terjit. We have some rest and go visit the springs and do some walking on the of the peak.
- Night in local tents.
Day 7: Chinguetti
- Driving to the 7th holiest place in Islam and a UNESCO world heritage site..
- Arrive in Chinguetti, visit the library, the Mosque.
- Adventurous driving on the huge sand dune of Guetti.
- Watch the enchanting sun if the clouds clear up.
- Go back to the Auberge to spend the night
Day 8: Ouadane
- Get up and head to a very prominent sub-saharan trade center
- Northeast, 93 km of driving, a little bit out of the way.
- Passing by a number of small villages, and probably visiting some nomads.
- Visiting the famous mysterious Eye of Sahara
- Reach Ouadane by midday.
- Having some rest at the Auberge.
- In the afternoon, doing our visit to the ruin of ancient Ouadane.
- Visit the library if open.
- Back to relax at the Auberge.
- Leave Ouadane. Pass by the Amogjar pass which has a breathtaking canyon
- Taking pictures of the abandoned house that was made by the French for the movie ‘Fort Saganne’.
- Visit some wonderful prehistoric paintings in the area.
- Pass by the palm groves oasis Tewnechert
- Then we drive to the oasis of Mheirith.
- Mheirith is a quite huge pale trees oasis.
- Spend the night in a local Auberge
- Get up, prepare breakfast, and pack.
- We head to Atar, the capital of Adrar region.
- The city was destroyed by floods in 1990, but started to recover.
- Atar has a very lively Market. It’s the only stocking area for nomads living in Adrar.
- It’s a very important military base for Mauritania.
- We visit places and some walking in the city.
- Once tired, we go back to the hotel where we’re spending the night.
- Drive back to the capital city
- Go to the National Museum, if open. Visit different sectors of the Museum.
- Go to the colorful Marchè Capital. Visit shops and the Market surroundings.
- Visit to Hotel EL Khater.
- Go the Friday Mosque of Nouakchott.
- Meet the Driver. Go to the Zein Art Gallery, if open.
- Go to the fish Market / Watch the fishermen go out and bring back their catch.
- Transfer to the Hotel
- Later at night, assistance and transfer to the Airport.